WEIGHT 45 KG
CAPTURE PLACE: COSTA DE CADIZ (CHIPIONA)
It is amberjack It has been captured in the Cádiz coast (Chipiona). It has a weight of 45 kg. If you want you can taste it during this Bridge Pillar 12 al 14 October in the various establishments Modesto Restaurants:
– Modesto restaurant
– Modesto Tapas
– Restaurante El Toboso
Want to know more about the amberjack?
Amberjack is a bluefish Family Carangidae. Inhabits rocky areas or sand, since 20 a 350 meters deep. In winter looking very deep waters and in spring and summer approaches the coast.
Have the elongated body torpedo shaped, flattened sides, small pedicle axis, big head and slightly arched, big mouth round the elongated snout, almost horizontal; prominent lower jaw.
develops its early life in small camps near the coast or offshore fixed structures near (buoys, platforms, floating objects etc) using shelter. Over time the sides are separated into small groups with larger specimens often seek the solitary life.
It feeds on squid and cuttlefish, but attacks wanting to bogas and jureles, as well as other species in its territory (sardines and mackerel). In addition also it feeds on small benthic organisms and shellfish.
– Blue-green coloration in the back.
– Raya yellow amber from the mouth to the dorsal line through the eye, hence it is called amberjack.
– Young people have dark vertical bands.
– Tail fish in all this family has shaped vee.
– very streamlined body, It has great power natatorio.
– a fighter fish with high power output, high speed and rapid changes in depth when you feel in danger.
– Breeding in spring or summer.
– In the winter we will find in the depths, as spring approaches and summer, It will be close to the coast and to the surface, placing at depths of 20 Y 60 meters.